It’s not always easy to go against the grain

Sometimes there comes a point in one’s life where a person wants to throw their arms into the air and walk away from everything they have been working on for an eternity.

Sometimes a person gets tired of going against the grain, feeling like it’s important to tell others about a different perspective of reality.

Ever since I can remember, I have had a much different view of the world than the people I have met.

NoFakeNews is a product of my personality and desire to teach others about what I believe to be a truer snapshot of reality.

Is it proper for me to keep doing what I have been doing on this platform? Suppose I am unintentionally giving out improper or inaccurate information to innocent people. I don’t believe this is the case, but one never knows for sure whether he is correct or not.

I have been verbally attacked, had the website hacked by mysterious unknown sources, and last year suffered what I believe to be a physical attack on my body.

In the span of a few days, I went from being a completely healthy person to someone unhealthy and in danger of losing his life.

Was I really attacked, or only imagining I was a lot more important than I was? Could the content I wrote about on a conspiracy blog make others so nervous that they would try to silence me forever?

I have written many articles and books in my lifetime about out-of-the-box issues. It seems that I can’t get away from controversy. I could be at a social gathering with friends or meeting someone for the first time in a business relationship, and something controversial always seems to come up.

Sometimes I wonder if it is perhaps my fault. Do I have this incredible need to be the center of attention? Is that what I have become — an attention-seeking person that feeds his ego by writing about subjects that must go against the parameters of conventional thinking? Gee, I hope that this is not the individual I have become.

I am at a point where I am regularly thinking about my position in life and how much time I have left to accomplish the creative goals I have set. NoFakeNews has helped me get through some very difficult times during the past decade. It’s been my saving grace along with the other creative writing projects I have embraced.

I don’t view myself as being smarter than anyone else. I know that I beat to a different drum than my friends and family, but I have always wanted to help others become happier and healthier.

I guess the point of this post is; don’t think that I have all the answers to the world’s problems because I don’t. Think critically about every piece of information you discover. Don’t take my words of wisdom as the gospel of reality.

I am doing what I genuinely believe that I am supposed to be doing at this moment in time. You should also do the same thing.

______________________

Visit the website!

9 thoughts on “It’s not always easy to go against the grain

1. riches68 March 22, 2022 / 11:32 pm

well said. there r others like you. keep being courageous. you will have done more than most.

Sent from ProtonMail mobile

2. Lisa March 23, 2022 / 2:25 am

Yes, John, I also believe that we all need to critically think for ourselves. And you may beat to a different drum, but that is what makes you who you are! And we all doubt ourselves from time to time. It is a part of being human.
    And it is good to see you throwing it all out there, because it is good for the soul!
    Plus, going against the grain is not attention seeking. It is standing up for what you believe in. It is hard to live with oneself if you do not. You have to follow your heart!
    It is not always easy to give so much of yourself to others. But your sharing of thoughts brings wisdom to the world. And it also seems to release something within you that needs to be set free!

• Dr. John Reizer March 23, 2022 / 5:07 am

Thank you, Lisa, for your insights into this subject. I genuinely appreciate the feedback. I think we all have missions and goals to accomplish in our lives and sometimes even though we are on a path to do these things, the process can become heavy on our souls and in our minds.

I often become depressed about the state of the world and from the content I write. Then I remember that this is what I am supposed to be doing or I wouldn’t be here doing it.

3. Lisa March 23, 2022 / 7:54 am

You are quite welcome, John, and quite correct. The paths we have been given or chosen for ourselves can become extraordinarily difficult at times. Although what can we do, but put one foot in front of the other each day! Appreciate what we can, and know what we are doing we were meant to do. And our reward one day will be to ascend to a greater and peaceful realm! 😊

4. Anonymous March 23, 2022 / 8:36 am

Please keep doing what you do. I rely on you to help me decide what is true. I agree with you o;n almost everything

• Dr. John Reizer March 23, 2022 / 9:43 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate the feedback. 🙂

5. Louise March 23, 2022 / 8:54 am

I do agree with the comments here. Your eyes have been opened and you have been chosen to deliver the truth. No one said it would be easy. I believe the struggle indicates it’s worthwhile and you’re on the right path. There are others like us and sometimes it results in a lonely life since it’s not worth the uncomfortable situations of always being subjected to controversial subjects. Sometimes it’s in the delivery but one cannot hold back in trying to enlighten others. Keep on keeping on. Even a minority of one does not make you mad.-George Orwell.

• Dr. John Reizer March 23, 2022 / 9:42 am